Saturday, October 03, 2009

Caring ways

It has been a busy week at work and at home. With the kids having holidays the whole of this week, the first half of my day went in managing them.
Since the swamiji has prescribed a lot more medicines to hasten Ash's "blood purification" (which is the core of Ayurvedic treatment), the poor boy spends much of his day drinking concoctions of arishtams and kashayams. Two before food and two after food and each intake to have a 15-minute interval, which means that breakfast itself is a 2-hour process. A homeo (!!) ointment after bath and oil massage before bed has been prescribed in place of an oil massage before bath. I am a lil averse to going to bed with oil on the body - it makes his clothes and the bedsheet (over and above the regular bedsheet) stink!
The kids have been busy with their games with the Dolly as the protagonist. Only yesterday morning, we managed to take them to the park while we parents took turns at our brisk walk sessions. The park was crowded being Gandhi jayanti, a public holiday. Big boys from the nearby slums had invaded the kids' play area, trying to walk up the slides and enter it from all the wrong points. Half of the playstuff meant for small children - swings, see-saws, merry-go-rounds - are broken as a result. I wish the corporation will hire staff to monitor the play area.
Meanwhile, while I am at home, I prod Ash to finish all the classwork that were done on days he had missed school. The homework metaphor came in handy yesterday when the kids, alarmed to find that their mother hadnt returned home even after 11 p.m., called up to know what I was doing. I told Ash that my sir had given me homework to finish in the office, and I would be coming soon. It pacified him though apparently the duo kept worrying about me - what work is she doing, will the watchman open the gates for her etc. - until sleep got the better of them

1 comment:

ush said...

life goes on. yes, show some improvement, a few yrs down u see wear and such vandalism...sad ,if some one could get though kids to play the right way everyone could use it.
thats life i suppose.
how is latest treatment/
take care

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...