Friday, September 25, 2009

Progress reports

Today was Open Day for LKG and UKG at the kids' school. I went alone without my wards since I had to head for work after that.
Mira's teacher just handed me her file with all the worksheets and exercise books. She had nothing much to say except that Mira was becoming more open and talkative. I guess she is one of those average, no-problem kids.
Ash's absenteeism seem to be affecting his performance more than anything else. She wondered how long it will take for him to get better since the syllabus gets heavy from Class I onwards. They do not want a scenario in which Ash has to repeat a year and brother-sister pair end up in the same class. I need to prevent V from making Ash skip school for the lamest reason - part out of parental concern for his health and part out of laziness to drop him in school in the mornings on time.
Anyway, I got some of his class exercise books from her so that he can do the portions he missed during his one-week holiday.

5 comments:

ush said...

Thats good. If you can get him to work at home.I agree with you, should try and send Ash to school everyday unless he is really sick.
take care
ust

Rajeev said...

Home school him! He'll learn better. Dont't you think so? Schools and teachers add to children's stress. Don't wish to sound like a radical!

Ladybird said...

I like that! And from a teacher. I am trying to make him learn in the few hours we are together at home. Cutting down TV time has not been easy...

Donna said...

hey ladybird,

I loved your blog and your kiddos. Myself donna and the proud mom of sarah - malluvaney.

I loved your little lambs and all the little cute cute stuff about them.

will be visiting again

i think homeschool will help him. But then you will have to hire tutors?

Regards
Donna

Ladybird said...

HI Donna. That was quite a nice surprise. I am glad u liked my posts. I hope u and Sarah are doing well.
Ash does go to school, but I am thinking of a tutor since he doesnt listen to any of us when it comes to doing his homework and stuff. 2.By the time we parents reach home, it is time for the kids to go to sleep :)

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...