Thursday, October 08, 2009

Jokes apart...

For two weeks until school closed for the 2nd term, Mira had classes for less than three hours. However, since the older kids had classes for another 30 minutes, she had to wait in class since the van driver didnt want to make 2 trips to drop them all home. The first day she was tired and in tears. She had to sit with 'Joker' till the van appacha came to fetch her.
"Joker? Who is this joker?"
"Dont you know joker? I will show you next time," she said. 
We three adults were puzzled. I assumed she was referring to the lame and short watchman near the nursery gate. Maybe the kids had nicknamed him Joker.
This Monday, when I peeped into her class after dropping Ash (who hasnt gone to school after that single appearance this term owing to an itchy skin and poor sleep at night), I saw a little plump girl sitting with her. When Mira came over to me, the girl trailed behind. "Who is this?" I asked trying to familiarise myself with her classmates.
"This is Joker!" she told me. I looked at the list of names stuck outside her class and found the lil girl was Joanna.
The past two days, Mira has been talking about one Erupussy in her class. However I cant find any name in the list that remotely resembles that. Aaron Koshy or Aishwarya, I wonder.
So much for her diction. Anyway provides some mirth for this parent who is trying to byheart the names in the list and ask her whether such and such names figure in her class.

3 comments:

ush said...

so was she pronouncing the childs name wrong.!
oh...kids!u never know.
take c

Rajeev said...

Yes, kids produce names from names. Isn't that wonderful?

Ladybird said...

Yesterday, Mira told me that Wingers (Vignesh), Domini (must be Dominic), Pathiri (Patrick?) and Joker (she now corrects me and tells me that she is Jo-van/Jo-anne) finished the noodles she took to school. Not bad :)

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...