Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sang-sung

As the Samsung technician teach me the basics of operating the new washing machine, he asks me: "Does sir work with Samsung?" He is surprised to come across a Samsung pc monitor, aircon, refridgerator and microwave oven. "'Sir" is away at work, and I struggle to grasp the mechanics of the machine while the kids make a nuisance of themselves amidst all this.



"No," I smile, but we have been pretty happy with the Korean company products. Our first Samsung product was a 14 inch TV, which served us in good stead, until we went for a bigger one when we shifted to our own house. It now serves my dad back in Kerala, who needs to watch newsbulletins endlessly, but couldnt in the evenings when my mom watched her favorite soaps on Malayalam channels.

Sam sung! Sing-sang-sung

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which a good electronics store in Chennai? A relative of mine is moving there soon and needs to buy various appliances... fridge, washing machine, etc. She's keen on Samsung products too!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I meant "Which is....!"

Ladybird said...

The big names include Viveks, Jainsons, Vasanth & Co. etc. This time we bought it from a new shop called Girias which has showrooms in B'lore and C'batore. They offered the most competitive price, being new. My favourite though is Viveks which has most brands though my husband has not been happy with their after-sales service.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot!

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...