Thursday, July 03, 2008

The reluctant preschooler

Ashwin's lead test results will be out tomorrow evening. If the levels are alarmingly high, Dr. Thomas wants him admitted in the hospital for IV chelation on Saturday. I do not know how long the hospitalisation will be, but it means I will have to take leave in a busy week at work. My inlaws leave on Tuesday. They have been waiting for the test result to come.

***

Mira has two hours of school this week. Save for the first day, she has not been keen on going. New place, new peers - she is not sure if she is going to like it! In the morning, she tells us: "I dont want to go to school. I want to go to church (that is where all the fun is right now!) ... No, keep the school bag back on the shelf."

Today, the Gujju kid whose parents we had made friends with, was crying too in spite of being a veteran at playschool. That had Mira in tears too. When one child cries, the others join and soon there is a mass crying.

And when V goes to pick her up, she sobs and runs to him. I hope she will begin to love the place soon.

3 comments:

K 3 said...

Oh I hope his results are favorable and he does not have to stay in the hospital! My prayers will be with you ... keep us posted!

I am sure Mira will like play school soon - it takes time! Good luck!

mad cap said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed for ash and mira....you know for the first week or ten days of my LKG, I used to howl so much at being left at school, my dad would bring me back everyday immediately until my mum put her foot down.
my dad still laughs at it, because it looks like I used to cry like someone was murdering me.
- the other romila

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...