Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Tale of two tags

I have been tagged by Lijy to list 6 quirks of mine and by K3 to list my favorite literary characters.
I'd like to say that I'm non-quirky or just too quirky to list any 6. Or maybe my husband can enlighten me about my quirks when he has the time....

Coming to the second one - I won't say these are my favorite but these are ones that have stayed on in my mind.
1. Hester Prynne in The Scarlett Letter. I wont say I empathised with her, just that I admired her stoicism.
2. Rhett Butler (Gone with the Wind) and Heathcliff (Wuthering Heights): As someone here tells me, Rhett Butler is the kind of guy women would like to marry and Heathcliff the kind they would love to love. Maybe that is why!
3. The two men, George and Lennie, in Of Mice and Men.
4. Becky Sharp in Vanity Fair. A bit like Scarlett O'hara.
5. The Little Prince. One of my favorite books too.
6. Phantom. He symbolized the best of mystery, manliness, loyalty and adventure.

Looks like I liked the male protagonists more. Maybe it was only natural when you read these in your teens.

1 comment:

K 3 said...

Ah! Phantom I had forgotten that one - esp from the comic strip in the newspaper every day

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...