Friday, April 11, 2008

No reason to Smile

Every time I passed Shanti Colony in Anna Nagar, I was intrigued by the name of a montessori school run in a house - S.M.I.L.E. The full stops amused-intrigued me. The seemingly modest building made me feel that it was probably less expensive than 'patasala', so I decided to check it out day before yesterday.
The lady, who attended on my queries, was courteous and was probably the principal Mrs. Suganti Raja (I found the name on the visiting card she gave me as I was leaving). But the fee structure was no consolation.
Admission fee - 4000
Monthly fees - 1200 (or 14400 in 3 terms to be paid in June, Sept., and Dec.)
Additional fee - 2000
Uniform - 250 (boys)/ 300 (girls)
The school timings are 9-12 a.m. and snacks and a water bottle (also a labelled set of spare clothes) can be sent with the kid. There is no van facility.
And just as she was trying to dig information about me the parent and how much we were worth, I got an urgent call from V to make haste and leave for our next destination. She kindly gave me a glass of water seeing me coughing.
Vijaya tells me there are some kids attending her therapy who go to the school. She doesnt know if it is good.
Considering that the fee is not v. different from patasala's, I think I will send Mira to the latter if at all I send her to a montessori.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, good luck
ust

Anonymous said...

Hey...just tagged you!

Amos said...

all the best in your search...AM

On April 16, we residents looked forward to another rain despite the note of caution from authorities. Seeing the rainy weather, V decided b...