Saturday, April 12, 2008

Accent Tamil

A bit sleepy from watching Jodhaa Akbar at night. The kids stayed up to watch since there were a lot of elephants and horses and camels in the beginning (the war half). Ash is particularly interested in the music - the title song of Taare Zameen Par had caught his fancy so much that he kept requesting me to get its CD.

The kids' acclimitization with their adopted city is getting better. Ash now speaks with a Tamil twang. He likes to give a sing-song quality to his speech the way one would say appidiyaaaaaa... Thanni and inke (here) and anke (there) form part of the staple vocabulary.

But obedience is not his forte. Give him a chore and he asks me to tell his sister to do it. Tell him to pick toys littered on the floor and he tells me his hands are aching. Tell him to close the door after me and he tells me he has oil in his hands (which doesnt bother him when he is fiddling with my mobile).

Mira calls Ash 'Achin' ever since they started going to the same school. She probably thinks he doesnt need to be called Achachen (big brother). It wont be long before she calls him edaa.

p.s. I know it is a hotch-potch post but it is a busy day here ...

1 comment:

ush said...

hi, things pick up fast.. maybe its also school influnces..
takecare
ust

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...