Thursday, March 27, 2008

Cricket fever

Chennai is breathing cricket and the boss asked me casually if I didnt want a pass/ticket to the India-SA match. I said I wouldnt mind a pass for Saturday for V. I prefer to watch on TV if I have to follow the match. Another senior colleague has also offered a pass, which I had declined initially. I have gone once, I think it was the last day of the India-Australia match in 2001 which India won. From where I sat I could only see only Kumble and Shane Warne (my Aussie penpal wanted to know if I sat close enuf to spit on his face!!). A friendly chap from the workplace enlightened me as to where Sachin stood. That was the closest I got to see of Tendulkar in flesh and blood.
But it is fun to be at the stadium for the ambience - all the drumming, whistling, the painted faces etc. etc. As far as I am concerned, once is enough.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, hee hee.. went to a baseball match here once.. yeah ..to beat the crowd best is home!
maybe u should take binoculars..and start not only watching match..the others painted faces..heee.. Ash may enjoy..!hope all better.
ust

the other romila said...

so did you manage to get two passes?? cheers!!
me got just one ;(

Ladybird said...

Two in bush, none in hand :)

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...