Friday, October 19, 2007

Kiddie milestones

*Today as I was leaving for work, my son told me: "Amma, get me medicines for my ear and my hand." A departure from his request for chocolates and icecreams.
* Mira has got a nose picking habit now. That's pretty early, I'd say.
* Ash can form sentences combining 3-4 words now, though some are not too comprehensible for a layperson - but only to his parents.
* He has nicknamed the new maid Leelaala - but that's a variation of the name of her predecessor, Leelamma. He probably overheard us mentioning the name. Both kids officially call the latest nanny Annie {Aunty!!}. I detest this auntifying of maids or anyone else other than my own aunts. But nowadays maids like to be called aunties. ugh! I am wondering how to get them to call her Ammamma III.
Me and V call her chechi, like we did all the previous maids except one who was younger to us.

p.s. Tomorrow being Ayudha Pooja, when tools and machines are worshipped, many parts of the country observe a holiday. That means I am getting a proper weekend holiday plus an extra day for doing a late shift. Three days in all! I hope I get to brag about some place we went to - if we manage to do it at all - when I get back to bloggie land.
Mira also needs to be introduced to the world of letters on 21st, Vijayadasami day. If we cant get the Reverend Father of our church to do it, we will have to be satisfied with her own father helping her do it in a plate of ricegrains.

1 comment:

Joyismygoal said...

wow it is introduced early

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...