Monday, October 29, 2007

Comedy of terrors, Act 1, Sc. 4

Alight Boy and Girl out of a car at a shopping mall's parking lot. The girl is in the arms of the nanny, while mommy has just set the boy on to the ground from her lap. The boy lifts up both arms to the mother.
Boy: Amma, please carry me.
Mommy: No, you are a big boy. You may walk.
Boy (looking around worried): Noooo. (S)piderman will tweak my ears.
Mommy: I will handle Spiderman when he comes.
Boy: A vehicle might hit me on the head if I walk.

Mommy, forgetting her backpain, laughs and lifts him up. She wonders where the Boy heard about Spiderman. She has only seen him watch Tom and Jerry and Scooby Doo and Popeye on Cartoon Network. When did Spiderman enter the picture? Whatever, Spiderman seems to lord over the little boy's life now. He will whack him, pinch him or bully him if the Boy does anything he doesnt want to do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, ask maid or someone from school,or neighbour he comes across. who may be telling him that.. if he does not do this.. thats what will happen!
Ash may tell u himself if u ask him about that in detail!
take care
ust

Romila said...

So sweet! kids do pick up a lot of things we are unaware of. He might have seen it on TV smtime.

Joyismygoal said...

good scapegoat haha like Mr Nobody

Ladybird said...

I had to look who Mr. Nobody was :)

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...