Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thumbelina & Rumpelstilskin


Mira loves to preen in front of the mirror when she has a new dress on. Here is she wearing a skirt blouse her grandma got her.















She also loves to pose for camera, even if she had just been crying for something. Here's her with a tear glistening under her eye.


















Sometimes she looks like a tomboy. Which is why we generally remember to keep a black spot on her forehead.
The two have their fighting fits, but Big Bro is always the first to come running when she slips and falls. Or hand over her bottle of milk before taking his. My obstetrician had told me that the lesser the age gap, the better the bonding - that after a while they wouldnt need us parents and will depend on each other for companionship.

Right now their body weight is almost on a par - 10.8 kg and 10.4 kg. It wont be long before Mira overtakes. And right now they look so puny they remind me of two fairy tale characters - Thumbelina and Rumpelstilskin!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, nice photos..
good to hear mir is doing ok. take care ust

dreamrunner said...

hi, nice pictures. both are looking cool. hope mira's chickenpox is better.
take care.love,
kochumon

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

You have such a cute daughter! I saw that you had stopped by my new blog a couple weeks ago, and so followed you back here. I stayed for quite a while, reading about your family. Very cute children. I will be back!

Joyismygoal said...

They are going to be mistaken for twins?f

Joyismygoal said...

can you tell me about the black spot?

Ladybird said...

Yeah right now they look like twins, since my son hasnt been gaining in height or wt. Thanks to changing maids and lack of proper care and diet with us bothworking. Maybe u wont agree abt that since u are working too?
The black spot is called a bindi and lil babies are given a black on on their forehead and cheeks to ward off the evil eye :)I use a sticky paste called kaajal (in hindi) for that and apply powder over so that it doesnt smudge. I use a sticker bindi. The bindi is actually a hindu thing but most non-hindu girls use it too. Muslims generally dont. Xians in Kerala are not so fundamentalist and use, but not to church. (well, catholics can wear it to church too).

Ladybird said...

i meant i use a black paste for Mira and a sticker one for myself.

Anonymous said...

My daughter was born with a built in spot on her cheek, right where you would put the kajal. I thought it was great...my dad had to take a photo of it and call the astrologer to see if it was ok! So funny!

Joyismygoal said...

I have been gone thanks for explaining thblack dot. i was actually able to stay home w/all my children and have only ever been way from home to work during their school hours and only in the last 5 years and my baby is 18 and to topit off i got laid off in July

On the penultimate day of reporting duty at the photography festival, the boss of the English writing dept, came and told me: When we both a...