Thursday, September 27, 2007

lil big people

... the state of things at home. (not to mention the sound effects provided by the clanking of steel vessels being dropped on the floor)

As I was telling a colleague on googlechat, I am ready to be admitted to a lunatic asylum. Mira is at home and to make matters worse Ash has a week's holidays at school.
Asked boss for leave for today and tomorrow. V will babysit on Saturday, Monday and Tuesday (a holiday for him being Gandhiji's bday but a 'working' holiday for me). Wednesday remains a question mark.
A maid is arriving with my mom from Kerala next thursday since there are no train tickets for an earlier date. She is an old candidate who backtracked at the last minute in our earlier hunt for a maid two months back. She had said that her son didnt want her to go, though later she came saying she was willing to come for a higher salary. I am told that she cant peel onions since she is allergic to it. And onion being a basic ingredient for most of our sidedishes, it looks like I have to play assistant chef throughout. But any help sounds good enuf right now. Only Thursday seems a long way off...

Until then I have to try and retain my sanity.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, thats great sounds like good news around the corner..
thats good u manage to get maids fast enough..
take care ust

Joyismygoal said...

new maid woohoo

Ladybird said...

yeah, it is a permanent prob for me.tough for the kids too adjusting to a new person every now and then. my daughter esp finds it tougher to get used to a new nanny.

On the penultimate day of reporting duty at the photography festival, the boss of the English writing dept, came and told me: When we both a...