Saturday, September 29, 2007

Rhymesters

You realise you are the mom of two pre-schoolers when you hum nursery rhymes and list nursery rhymes among your favorite music. And you think the Tom and Jerry show is just as interesting as an action-packed movie. I have learnt to accept Popeye, Scooby Doo and Bob the Builder and not look at them with scorn as I would have six years back.
The moment I switch on the PC, both plead: Amma paattu (music/rhyme). Mira is more specific: Amma paatu eeya (idu = put) And I love listening to it along with them. The rhymes DVD is also my best weapon to keep them still for at least 20 minutes.
And today I have come to work leaving the kids in their dad's care. If he survives the onslaught, he will come pick me up from work in the evening and we will all go for a Kerala festival (a belated Onam get-together for the Chennai diaspora) called Aavanipoovarangu 2007 at St. George's school. They have some 12 'life-like' caparisoned elephants like at the Thrissur pooram. Seems the Chennai police didnt want real elephants imported from Kerala at a crowded venue - they cant have the pachyderms running amuck and crushing a couple of humans to death.

2 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

sounds fun how were the elephants

Ladybird said...

i wasnt impressed used as i am to seeing real ones at festivals in Kerala.

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...