Monday, September 24, 2007

Maidless days

The maid just called to say her hubby has cancer. She was crying over the phone. Asked us to look for a new maid.
Sad. I liked that poor man though I have spoken to him only on the phone. He was soft-spoken and always spoke like an innocent kid. I think that was the root of their financial troubles - a simpleton he was often cheated in all the business deals he got into.
I am on leave until Thursday since there is a lull on the work front. A frantic search is on for a new maid. No agencies, just word-of-mouth.
V's parents left yesterday night. Mummy wanted to take Ash along but V was against it. Taking him alone doesnt solve the problem - Mira is here and somebody has to be here to take care of her. If no maid appears in the horizon end of this week I might have to leave both kids with our parents.
V is thinking of the day care option, Mira's playschool has a day care till 6ish. That means I will have to leave their lunch and tea before I leave for work. Ash will have to be herded off to the creche after school. The hitch is that both of us dont reach home by 6 pm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, sorry to hear about maid's hubby.will keep them in our prayers.. hopefully the cash will be well taken use of for their expense. hopefuly they get a small home before the rest is spent on meds etc. or that poor lady will have nothing if her hubby passes away. ust

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...