Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Omens

I should have known that somthing was to go wrong when I burnt a hole in a dress the other day while ironing it. I shouldnt be believing in omens but then we Indians generally do, whatever our religion. And burning a dress is considered a bad omen like breaking a mirror or a glass. No use trying to say that I was careless since I knew that the iron box needed to be serviced.
Mira seems to have chicken pox, I discovered after she returned from school. Looks pretty mild considering that she was vaccinated last year. The blisters, some on her bum and on her arm, have almost dried. Some are as small as tiny pimples. Surprisingly we did not notice it earlier with all the hullaballoo at home. I vaguely remember seeing one on her buttock the other day and thought I should examine it later, only I forgot.
We need to take her the paed to check if she needs to take any medicines. She seems a bit irritable. She probably got it when we went visiting a family friend two weeks back, and who got pox a week after that.
Ash has fever too. Looks like we are going to play host to the varicella zoster virus for some weeks.
I have already had a round of the pox and of shingles, so I can be counted out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, looks like life is back to interesting..!here all of us have cold/ear pains.. except hubby!no proper sleep at night..with one or the other crying..
cooking/cleaning/washing/packing/practices/meetings..
takecare..good luck with your.........
ust

Joyismygoal said...

Oh so sorry I hope she is not too miserable I heard shingles could reoccure since it lays dormant in your body. What do you think? All 4 of mine had CP we missed almost 1 whole spring:<

Ladybird said...

CP can reoccur as shingles or herpes zoster when ur immune system is compromised. I had the most nighmarish memories of my turn of CP, when I was living alone in a flat in Delhi. Had to manage on my own inclduing the cooking, which was what made me leave the Indian capital soon aftr that. :(

the other romila said...

OH MY GAWD!!!
That is bad....without a maid around too.
But the silver lining might be that they will not get it all through the trying school years.
Hope things get better soon.
Let us know if you need anything.
romila

Joyismygoal said...

Are you all hanging in there?

Amos said...

Hope thiings are ok now.. I could not read your blog for sometime. How is your new maid? On the omen I would say that it is all in your mind, if you think that way it will appear so with full honors..... just ignore the thought saves a lot of trouble........AM

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...