Friday, August 24, 2007

Holiday mayhem

Ashwin has 4 days' leave beginning today - today is a Tamil Brahmin festival called Varalakshmi nombu and monday is Onam, my State festival! Today morning we packed him to school only to find it closed. (Apparently the watchman had told the maid about the holidays but there is a language barrier that prevents the maid from understanding much of the local language.)
And I had been raving at the school authorities for giving him 6 pages of Homework yesterday. I had,after reaching home at 8.30 p.m. yesterday, sat with him and made him write a page each of A, B,C and 1, 2, 3. It tired us both no end. Now I understand - it was meant to keep him occupied the next 4 days.
So upon returning home, a fully charged Ash littered the house with shoes off the rack and pots and pans from the kitchen. And Mira, who cried sick today, added to the commotion. I just hope the maid didnt have too difficult a time - I am too scared to call and find out the damage.
Ash is now on homeopathy treatment for his eczema and is showing visible improvement. The steroid ointments and syrups the dermatologist prescribed gave him very brief respite, and he gave us sleepless nights too.
p.s. We didnt go out for dinner yesterday as both of us reached late from office and the kids had already had their dinner. Anyway nothing like home-made food for the tummy.

2 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

ooops

Ladybird said...

Maybe i shld have titled my post Ooops! :)

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...