Saturday, August 25, 2007

Another birthday

I write this taking a 5-minute break from editing the Lead Story for this issue of our magazine.
The highlights of the day are:
  • It is my brother's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Kochumon. May you continue to have a dream run in life.
  • I had a glimpse of actress Revathi at the Lifestyle Homecentre showroom while buying window curtains. She looked pretty young for her age (must be at least 40, considering that she was a star performer some 15-20 years back in Malayalam and Tamil films), maybe it was the make-up. V said her cameraman (movie) husband was there too but I didnt see him. She looks nicer than in the movies - she was never great in the looks department but she was great in the histrionics dept. and did some class movies.
  • Living in a city believed to be the lifeline of the South Indian - at least Malayalam and Tamil - movie industry, I havent sighted enough reel artistes. Only actresses Hema Malini, Gautami, KPAC Lalita, Sukumari and Meera Jasmine, actor Srinivasan (at a hospital) and Janardhanan, and the great director Adoor Gopalakrishnan. I have seen more TV serial artistes at the railway station when they come to Chennai for shootings than elsewhere in the city.
  • My sugar and cholesterol levels are not looking pretty good, going by the reports from last week's tests. The latter especially is cause for concern - I dunno if it is stress-induced or it is my constitution. Guess I need to get up early morning and take a 20-minute walk everyday.

4 comments:

Amos said...

Hi Rosh

I have been reading your blog on and off and your mention about cholestrol is a matter of concern and if possible try to get this book "CHOLESTROL" by Ellen Moyer & Dr. Robert Youngson.

Publisher Harper / Collins.

The books deals with all aspects of Cholestrol and you stand to gain by reading it.

..........AMOS

Anonymous said...

hi, belated wishes to robs, and happy onam to u and u'r fly. have a busy week.
got to run now to pick up sharon.. have a guest immediately after that. take care.ust

Joyismygoal said...

I take cholestral meds and I hope to be off soon i exercise daily and try to cut down on the fars

Anonymous said...

Thanks everybody. I have started walking 20 min in the morning since Tuesday 28th.

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...