Thursday, August 23, 2007

Birthday boy (old)



Today is V's birthday, and I got him a Nokia 2626, which has FM radio and a handsfree speaker. It has a copper body with blue keypad. He doesnt much care for high-end models as he tends to misplace... But when I gave it he said he would have liked a high-end model!! I didnt even find time to get a gift wrapper - not that he cares for such etiquette.
We might eat out at night. The maid made vermicelli payasam in the morning. No cakes. No greetings card. Except for the one from the parish priest, with a small envelope to put bday offerings next Sunday!
After college days, I lost interest in greetings cards. I now find preserving them a pain. Come to think of it, we dont preserve cards as we have an incinerator at home - Ash.

2 comments:

ush said...

Hi Happy birthday Vinod, may god bless you with many more happy, healthy years. wishing you the best in life.
hope you all have a great day and dinner.
take care.. god bless
ust and fly

Joyismygoal said...

Happy Bday V! We have friends who go to the store together and find cards show them to each other and say this is what i would buy you and then put it back :>

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...