Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The rhyme troupe

Ash and me have now formed the Singers' club at home. But only rhyme concerts. Since he is not a full-fledged speaker, he kind of hums the tune to me and expects me to sing.
It goes something like this:
Amma, thich oma...
And I sing: This old man, he played one, he played knick knick on my ... this old man came rolling down.
By then, he hums the next tune impatiently.
And I sing: If you are happy and you know it clap your hands...
Next comes Eeeaa eeaa ow. So I sing Old Mcdonald had a farm...
This goes on for at least half an hour before he goes to sleep. It also entertained us on the Sunday ride on the ECR route in the absence of a cassette/CD player in the car.
Mira chipped in with Twinkle twinkle little star...
Ash has a sweet voice and we have a gut feeling he might turn out to be a good singer. Our little stars. Diamonds on earth.

3 comments:

ush said...

hi, looks like u have to keep up with his learning and listening skills.. to be able to sing what he humms..!
sher used to do that 1 yr or so back...
take care
ust

Joyismygoal said...

that was the sweetest post and look into your life

Ladybird said...

Thankyou, marcia. you started my day with a smile.

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...