Saturday, July 22, 2006

Gardening

I am becoming a blog addict too. Is that a good thing? As long as it doesnt affect my work, I shouldnt worry.

My one big development as a blogger is that while earlier I was copying mail to friends and pasting on my blog as posts, nowadays I am forwarding blog posts as emails to friends!
Usha tells me she is replanting tomatoes. I now have a pot of papaya saplings, which I must ask our watchman to plant in the little space available downstairs. I also have a curry leaf sapling and a common flowering plant, which I keep in the kitchen work area away from Ash's eyes.

Never been an avid gardener though I was made to water plants at home in the evenings during my school days. Had to carry pails of water as there was no water hose. My mom keeps a garden though it is not v. orderly. My inlaws have a small but beautiful garden. (That is their garden, complete with figurines of girls with watering pots!)

My Pentecost aunt who is now in Houston Texas, called early in the morning. It was probably time to go to bed in that part of the world but for us it was just wake-up time. She calls mom once in a while as she is her late hubby's only sis. She was kinda lonely here after her hubby passed away some ten years back. Her daughter is married, with a kid and is also somewhere in North America. Her son, Ash Sr., is working cum studying there I think.
Another maid in the horizon though the Pentecost is still the first choice, being the first on the interview list.

No comments:

On April 16, we residents looked forward to another rain despite the note of caution from authorities. Seeing the rainy weather, V decided b...