Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Gen Z

Watching a Ponds talcum powder commercial on TV (which I guess shows the user getting fairer) yesterday, Ash says: "I dont believe this ad. My mom uses it everyday!"

# Ash is crazy about WWF (the wrestling one) cards, which is a fad with many kids here. I dont know what purpose they serve but he seems merely interested in possessing them. When he told me about using a Rs. 500 tip to buy cards, I chastised him: "Dont you know how many kids go hungry each day? Kids who dont have any money to buy food, and here you are wasting precious money on cards?!"
"Let them go hungry if they dont have money, we have money, so why should we bother?" he retorted. Getting such things across to the new generation is not easy!

No comments:

On the penultimate day of reporting duty at the photography festival, the boss of the English writing dept, came and told me: When we both a...