Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pearls of wisdom

I ask Ash if he has told his teacher or any of his friends about the Kenya trip, and he tells me: No, I didnt. What if they say they want to come along? We dont have the money to take all of them, so I will tell them on the school closing day.
Both are terribly excited about the trip, and are asking me if we cant go on the day the school closes. Ash has reconciled himself to the yellow fever vaccination, and explains to Mira the fatal consequences of the disease spread by a big bad mosquito.
Mira tells me a friend of hers calls her Medium instead of Miriam!
 
Ash is forever losing his personal belongings in school unlike M. But of late he is becoming a little more careful. So one day, when he returned with a top-chewed pencil I asked him why he did it. He said he had lent it to a classmate who did not bring his pencil and he had chewed it. Will he go to hell for that, Ash asked.
'You dont go to hell for such things. Only if you tell lies, beat people, fight etc.',  I said.
Oh, you beat me often, he reminded me slowly.

2 comments:

ush said...

Right!!!!!!!.. Remember to be careful..to what we tell the kids!!!!!!

Amos said...

Cute!!

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...