Friday, September 17, 2010

A new fever

Work has kept me busy and at home - of what lil waking hours I spent there - the kids especially Ash.  Once upon a time I thought my life would get easier once the kids crossed 5 years. But now I have a new hassle - school tests and examinations. Ash has a test almost every day, and now it is time for the first term exam. The past week had been one of revision exams, which he didnt do as well as he did the July cycle tests. Anyway, the tests and marks least bother Ash despite me threatening him that the headmistress will chuck him out if he didnt do reasonably well.
Until last year I didnt have this worry as kindergarteners are exempted from this ordeal. And since I dont see Ash from 8 a.m. (when he leaves for school) to 8 p.m. (when I return home), the hours I can spend drilling something into his inattentive mind is very few. To top it, V who has no patience with schoolwork, insists that the poor child goes to bed early for a healthy start the next day.
Ashwin's scores in his English and Maths exams are above average, but Tamil continues to be a hurdle for both of us. We mean to find a tutor who can come home in the evenings to teach him.
For the next week's exams, I mean to depend on my dad who is arriving in time for Mira's 5th birthday.

3 comments:

ush said...

my niece is being sent to neighbours for tution of all subjects.
she although from here , i hear all good grades.
take care
ush

Ladybird said...

Which one? Anisa? We are looking for someone who can home coz of his skin prob. Also there is no one to drop him at a tution centre if it is in some other street.

ush said...

no E.. she is a neighbour.

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...