Monday, July 05, 2010

Surprise


I was rushing to have a cup of coffee soon after reaching the workplace when a colleague casually asked me in the lift: Have you seen the cover?
For a moment I thought the magazine had decided to have the editorial team on the cover instead of the mugs of Prime Ministers and other politicians or some warfront scene.
He corrected: The pay cover.
Well, like many of us here I open the pay cover only to extract the tea coupon book or to check the IT cuts.
It just happened that I hadnt noticed a change in my designation. I am an assistant editor from today.
And to think I was planning to tell the boss today that I wouldnt be able to come to work any more because I didnt have a nanny for the kids.
p.s. The old maid is back in action. Beggars cant be choosers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations!

ush said...

congrats! good luck with the new post. hope the maid works out too.

Roshin said...

Thank you, anonymous, and thanks ush!
The maid is trying to work doubly hard to please us! I hope I wont regret re-hiring her...

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...