Monday, May 17, 2010

The feminist

Mom tells me that Mira has found a new mother. Her great-aunt living in the family house next door is her adopted mother. As for me, I am her Madras Momma.
The kids have filled the lives of my uncle and aunt, a childless couple, with a lot of happiness and mirth.
Mira, in fact, prefers the company of women to that of men. She bluntly tells my dad and my uncle that she doesnt like them. "Am I not a girl? I will like only Ammachi and Mini aunty," she proclaims.
V gets very sentimental when he talks to Ash. When he tells Ash that he is missing him, the boy tells him matter-of-factly: "Why do u worry? Wont I return soon? But before that, I must get fair. Wont the boys in the van make fun otherwise? Wont people in the church look at me curiously? So I will get fair here and come."

1 comment:

ush said...

wow, thats tells us how much they are observant.

On April 16, we residents looked forward to another rain despite the note of caution from authorities. Seeing the rainy weather, V decided b...