Friday, September 11, 2009

Key person

For someone who still doesnt drive on the city roads, I am in luck. Today, Sheila Rani Chungath IAS, the chief guest at the SBM's housing and car loan mela, presented to me the SBM's first car loan cheque at a competitive interest rate of 8% (of course with the Conditions Apply asterisk) and the key to our new Honda City at a small function in the city today morning. She said she was happy to give it to a lady (a good thing she doesnt know I wont be the one driving the car) and asked what car I was buying. When I replied, she said she had a Honda City too. We prolonged the cheque-key-handing-over gesture and the smiles for the photographers' benefit and then I departed with V. My feet which felt heavy when I walked up to her (my only stage experience being those from my college days when I had to walk up the stage to collect a few certificates/prizes) gained in speed as I retreated.
The car, which will be registered today, arrives home on Monday. My father is arriving tomorrow to spend a week with us, while my father-in-law arrives end of next week to attend Mira's birthday. She will be turning four soon!

6 comments:

Amos said...

Congrats on the new Car.....AM

ush said...

wow, congrats on new car, hope to see the wonderful smiling photos with a vip too.
oh ...lol..maybe we should get photos of our classmates ..they all seem to be going into high postions .
except me-all working-right!
God bless all
ust

Ladybird said...

we might have to ask the bank for pics with the vip. V didnt get to take any, as he was standing by my side.
Thanks AM. I hear Honda cars cost only half the price we pay here in the UAE. Lucky to be living in a taxless haven.

Rajeev said...

Congrats for taking the 'driver's seat'.

Have a good weekend.

Tulika Byce said...

New car - Robin and I have been really excited. Its a shame we aren't coming around to Chennai this time.

And I can't believe Mira is turning four - time goes by tooooooo fast.

Ladybird said...

Thanks, Tulika. Dont worry, we plan to drive down to Kerala for Xmas. So, we can all go out in that ...
The delivery process is over, and car with V, dad and Ash has gone to the church while I took a detour and came off to work. A pity we sent Mira to school today. Ash is more excited about the Cadburys gift pack and 2 teddy bears he got as a gift from Honda :)

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...