Friday, August 28, 2009

Ms. Santa

Mira is trying to groom Ash as her goonda/henchman (coming as we do from Goondas' Own Country). "Will you beat Amma for me, Ashin? She scolded me." Sometimes he humours her but at times his loyalty to his mother is greater :)
"I wont buy anything (gifts) for you," Mira tells me when my ways dont please her.
Or, "Would you like a whack like the one I gave Ammama (nanny)?" she asks me in all seriousness.
Mira can twist the nanny, who has a soft corner for her, around her lil finger or bully her with ease. This nanny-Mira alliance makes me become a little over-protective about Ash who gets left in the lurch. But she has been more solicitous about him than most nannies we have hired.
In fact, she has returned from Kerala like Santa Claus bringing gifts and goodies for us - from a colorful Popy umbrella as an advance birthday gift for Mira to cakes and halwas and some homegrown (read organic) fruits and vegetables. And it feels good to leave the house and the kids once again in her care and make myself free for other pursuits. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great, Ash! It sounds like you have found a nanny that cares for/bonds with your children. Love is the best quality we could ask for with our caregivers. And what pursuits are you planning now???
:)
Jennifer

On the penultimate day of reporting duty at the photography festival, the boss of the English writing dept, came and told me: When we both a...