Monday, May 25, 2009

Two movies

I am still feeling a bit perturbed after watching Tanmatra (molecule), a Malayalam film starring Mohanlal on Alzheimer's disease yesterday. The film came out some two years back but I have not had a chance to see it on TV either until now. I have been wanting to watch it, as the film is by a master director, has won quite a few awards, has a sterling performance by one of Mollywood's superstars, and has Meera Vasudev as the heroine. I had taken a liking to her ever since I saw a couple of song sequences from the movie where the sizzling model dons with ease the garb of an unglamorous housewife.
V decided not to watch it because he doesnt like depressing tales but I knew I had to watch it at least once. And I did, though I missed the opening scenes, and a few others when I went to attend to my cooking, and a during a couple of power failures.
But like some other Mohanlal movies - Kireedom and Sadayam - it is a movie that one cant watch more than once. It left me shaken and depressed. To top it, Ashwin's usual nightime sobs wanting to see me made me feel more miserable.
So I decided to watch another Malayalam movie with a cameo by the same superstar to shake off the effect. It did help to some extent.
Sunday otherwise was boring with no outings, even to the church.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tanmatra is not a molecule. it is something beyond that. those are pulses. sort of rhyhmic pulses in the microcosm as in the macrocosm in every element, it is more subtle.
the difference between remembrance and forgetfulness is a tanmatra, razor's edge. between sanity and insanity, between day and night, between light and darkness - that tanmatra is lost. once that is lost of the elements, everything is topsy turvy.

On April 16, we residents looked forward to another rain despite the note of caution from authorities. Seeing the rainy weather, V decided b...