Saturday, May 23, 2009

Season's (cricket) fever

The kids are impatient to leave. To Chandanapally for now. For Ash, that's where his train set is. I let it be there because I cant have it going the way of all toys - half the units broken or lost. So it remains something that he can look forward to when he goes to Chply.
Mira is just plain bored despite all the care and attention she gets. She wants us to come at the earliest and take her away. I tell her the trains are full. She asks me to walk and walk and come. Next week, I promise. Next week is already here, she tells me. The weeks and months doesnt make sense to her, at the most she can understand a tomorrow.

Meanwhile, here in Chennai, the IPL tournament keep one parent occupied. The other parent's interest in IPL - II is limited to the Fake IPL Player blog. Now that things have reached the semifinal stage, I am prepared to give it a little more of my valuable time at home that is otherwise spent cooking, housekeeping, surfing the net and reading the dailies. V is rooting for Deccan Chargers and I, in an attempt to be faithful to my adopted land, had been subconsciously throwing my weight behind Chennai SuperKings. Maybe I will support DC now. V knows better :)

No comments:

On April 16, we residents looked forward to another rain despite the note of caution from authorities. Seeing the rainy weather, V decided b...