Sunday, May 03, 2009

The caregivers

The tenants upstairs at Changanachery play a great role in rearing Ash and Mira... here they are with the mother-daughter pair.

That was Ash year before last. It pains me to look at his old pictures because his face looks very different now. It also pains me to look at their clothes and toys lying forlorn. The chaos in the house a month back has given way to some order and quiet, but we miss their ceaseless chatter and fights and what not.

And that is Mira two months back in Chennai. She is probably much plumper now... I am just worried if she is going to find the care here not upto the mark when she returns. And we are told by the grandparents that she is a very easy kid to manage - she is getting quite independent and self-sufficient. The temper is one to watch out for, though :)

I had plans to visit them this weekend and also attend my church festival on 7-8. Just cancelled the tickets as V tells me that it would upset the kids if I visit them and come back without them. Also, he is showing greater interest in celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary on the 10th. The plans are not concrete yet, but I hope it will give me something to blog about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats sad,, u can't go.
hope u have a great wedding ann.
ust

Anya Padyam said...

Heartiest Congratulations in advance!

Anonymous said...

Thank u! ladybird

On April 16, we residents looked forward to another rain despite the note of caution from authorities. Seeing the rainy weather, V decided b...