Tuesday, April 28, 2009

True and false

Ashwin's dialogues has been providing his paternal grandparents much entertainment and knowledge about how his parents were keeping his eczema under control.

  • I'd like to go back to Madras. My mother will give me candies when Appa is not around.
  • When uncle came, Appa took us to a restaurant and we had biriyani, parotta and chicken. And we packed the leftovers to be had later at home.
  • I want to go to Chandanapally (maternal home). And no, dont pack my medicines.
  • My legs are aching. I cant stand. Please take me to Dr. Kuruvila in Madras.
  • To the family upstairs: Appacha and Ammachi have sent me up so that they can eat fish.

Nothing escapes his eye.

Otherwise the kids are doing fine. Mira is enjoying life, especially all the goodies she gets to eat. We had been depriving her of a lot of good food because of Ash, and now she gets to eat them under mil's care. Most of her feeding is done at the tenant's house upstairs, and all the special food - fish, egg, chicken, nuts - is smuggled up. She gestures to mil from the stairs when she wants her egg sent up :)

Ash is missing us more owing to his illness. Apparently he is improving - he is oozing less and the skin is clearing. Mil is very strict with his diet, no biscuits or bakery stuff even. "Will you get me biscuits when I come?" he entreats when his dad calls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I don't mean to sound creepy, but I've followed your blog for a few months, and thought of you when I saw this article.

Bleach in Bath Can Ease Child’s Eczema
New York Times – by Eric Nagourney
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/28/health/research/28regi.html?_r=1&emc=eta1

Anonymous said...

hi, thanks! we were recently advised by a dr here to use a spoon of bleaching powder in a bucket of water for his bath. Will keep it in mind... ladybird

On April 16, we residents looked forward to another rain despite the note of caution from authorities. Seeing the rainy weather, V decided b...