Saturday, January 10, 2009

Strike...

Last Sunday night, KS Chitra, Kerala's own nightingale, treated us to Paithalaam Yesuve at the church New Year celebration. This year's event was not as good as last year's save for the Chitra factor.
From church&chitra

Sitting in the last row, I missed much of the fun and bore with patience a magic show that went on and on. A horse-driven chariot that brought in half a dozen dancing Santas of all sizes and ages and genders was the redeeming factor. The dinner courtesy the church wasnt as good as the usual fare that the church provides.
Ashwin's teacher kindly fetched V a plate of chappatis and chicken curry. Ash is missing classes this term too. I do not know when he will be fit to join school. The itching is still severe.
Meanwhile V tells me that I am the last person fit to look after the kids at home, that even the maid does a far better job and so there is no point in taking a work break. Our folks think that both of us are bad at parenting, so I am thinking of resigning my responsibilities as a mother and leave it to people who can do a better job.
A very happy Sunday to all who reads. Our plans of taking mom on a Sunday outing seems doomed - after the oil strike, it is now heard that oil tankers are joining the truckers' strike.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi,
sounds bad..feel sad for u. its easy to blame..
i really wish u would just stick to diet and allopathy meds..
seeing Ash suffer is hard.
hopefully he will grow out of it.
take care
ust

Mini said...

hi,
just remember you are the best mother your kids would ever get! yes, we feel sad & frustrated & inadequate when something this bad is going on. but don't give up hope.just believe that 'we shall overcome'
good luck & take care,
mini.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I hope Ash does fget some relief I know they say here there is no cure just treatment -- I agree w/ mini God gave those kids to you so he will bless you to do well if you choose to stay home,

Passionlikeachild said...

Neither you nor your husband could be lousy parents--you created your beautiful children. Please don't leave it to anyone else to feed them the true thing they need: love. You will do perfectly. I will be praying for Ash's itching, and God will heal it with time. Please don't worry about that. There will be people in this world who are mean to us, and Ash might learn that early on, but he will grow because of it and others will learn what beauty truly is. Many blessings to you and your hubby and wonderful kids.

Ladybird said...

Thank you all. I feel blessed to have you all comforting me, esp Marcia and Jennifer whom I havent seen in person. :)
That was written when I was very upset. I feel better today.

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...