Monday, January 12, 2009

Sari harvest

I meet Ash's teacher today to check what they have covered until now and to let her know that he might be able to return to school next week. Schools get a 5-day weekend beginning the 14th thanks to Pongal.
They have finished the alphabets in capital letters and have moved on to the small letters. I see numbers 1-50 on the blackboard. He needs to learn to write only 1-10, the rest is oral. And some basic counting. Next year in UKG things would be different. There would be a lot to learn.

Yesterday the kids had a lot of fun visiting the monuments at Mahabs. Mira was at her boisterous best and befriended many. She sat atop the sculpted Nandi (bull) at the Five Rathas, and sang Jingle bells until it was time to proceed to the next destination.

We did the tour for mom's sake and she enjoyed them all and didnt mind the long jaunts.

The office kindly gifted us (the women) saris for Pongal. Unfortunately we had let the sari rush abate and didnt choose ours on Saturday. With the result that we were bereft of any real choice today. I managed a brick yellow-red shade with a maroonish border, which I hope to pass off to my mom. Most in my department do that - I mean, gifting the Pongal sari to a sister, aunt or mother.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi,
glad u all could go for outing and enjoyed it.
is Ash able to do home schooling?i suppose being private schools -so long as u pay fees they have no objections.
post sari pic when possible...so we can admire it.
hope mum likes it.
take care-hope ash is getting better.
ust

Passionlikeachild said...

Hahaha, that's so cute that she was singing Jingle Bells :) Aren't kids the cutest :) Much love.

Anonymous said...

Have you considered holding Ash back a year? I am thinking of doing that with my Nik. Nik's so small in size, and then add in his speech and fine motor delays, I just feel that giving him another year to make developmental gains will only help in the long run.

Ladybird said...

We might end up doing that. My husband doesnt mind but I guess as a mother I am a lil more competitive. Though both of us dont want both brother and sis in the same class. As it is, we put him in school a year late.
Since LKG has a very light syllabus by Indian standards, he might be promoted. (Ash is also small in size, prolly coz of all the steroids).
UST: i am trying to do some homeschooling on the teacher's advice though with my erratic work hours I cant do it at a regular time everyday. Yeah, we have just been paying the fees, so they dont mind.

Anonymous said...

Hi, so long as he does something at home- as schooling -i think he should be fine.put educational dvd/video/computer games/tapes on the car.. he should pick it up faster!writing ,when one of u have time- u can sit with him.
yes, Lkg should be easy so also Ukg.
looks like he picks things fast.
so good luck.hope he feels better and can attend as many days as possible.
god bless
ust

Natalie said...

Hello,
I have come across your blog just a few days ago. I am the mother of 2 beautiful girls adopted from India as well as other bio children and another adopted one. I feel sad to think that you believe you and your hubby are not good parents. I can see from what you write that you are wonderful, caring parents. You have been blessed with beautiful children and I am sure that you will do a great job in raising them. After all they were entrusted into your care and only you are their Mother. I will keep you in my prayers.

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...