Friday, January 02, 2009

Hello 2009

I am back!
The first half of my holiday was a little more hectic than the second. That is because V was around till the 28th and my vacation until then involved family visits, shopping, the usual church trips to Manarcad and Parumala, and some beauty treatment for myself (since it works out cheaper in Kerala).
Our major engagements were a trip on the 24th to Ramamangalam near Ernakulam to meet the Ayurvedic physician of Vaidya Madom regarding Ash's eczema and my grandma's 90th birthday celebrations on the 26th. Hence Christmas sandwiched between the two was a tame affair save for a wonderful appam-chicken stew courtesy my dear mother-in-law. The kids had a lot of fun as all their cousins were around.
The second half involved taking care of the kids on my own at my parents' place in V's absence. Made challenging by Ash's ayurvedic treatment - the medicines to be mixed and given at fixed intervals, the bathing ritual, the diet etc. Anyway ever since we started it on the 26th, he has been sleeping well at night save for a night when he itched more after taking a chocolate with nuts at a family friend's place. Vaidya Madom was recommended to us by an allopathic surgeon in Changanachery whose grandchild suffered the worst form of eczema; her condition improved remarkably in 2 days after she began the treatment.
Ash's face is beginning to look better. The doctor had told us that eczema is called karappan in Ayurvedic parlance, so that gives us hope. Karappan is one of the oldest ailments that ayurveda treats.
I have also collected a bouquet of kashayams and oils for my backpain, but I am yet to take the plunge. The strict veg diet is making me postpone it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back, happy new year.
good luck with new treatment.
ust

marcia@joyismygoal said...

so glad he improves

Anonymous said...

Hello

I did not get your name from the blog. I was reading about eczema and came across this page. Hope your son is alright now.
My little one too has the same problem. She got red rashes on face. Now I am seeing dark patches on her leg. So I doubt if it is karappan. I too am from Kerala. Now in Blore. Can you mail me how was the treatment at vaidya madam? Can you send me the details of doctor too? Are you available on phone? Please send me a reply to jisha.shajith@gmail.com.. Thank you, Jisha

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...