Saturday, December 20, 2008

Merry Christmas

This year, we managed to put up a Christmas star. I mean I had to prod V for a week to do the needful - a new paper star, bulb etc. Well, I always take credit for getting things done around the house with his nod - such as installing the mosquito screens for the windows - and that is because major decisions on the house has to be made on a consensus basis. Also, some of the things I do without consulting turns out disastrous - a recent instance being a new cordless phone I purchased (though I suspect that the problem is not with the phone but with its proximity to the computer).

WE also decorated the Xmas tree from last year with baubles, bells, drums and best of all, some olive wood-carved hangings from Israel that we won at the church auction.

And today, as we prepare to leave for Kerala to celebrate Christmas with our families, I wish you all a happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year. And we are treating my 90-year-old paternal grandma with a birthday bash on 26th.

God bless you all. Have a whale of a time the week ahead. See you all next year, on the 2nd.

3 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Same to you, nice nice picture, enjoy your family time and trip.

Anonymous said...

Hi, wishing ammachi a very happy healthy 90 birthday may god bless her with the best.
wishing u all and your families a merry christmas and happy new year. hope to see the x'mas tree soon.

take care
ust

Romila said...

Came by to wish and ur family a prosperous year ahead.

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...