Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Weekend action

  • On Saturday, we took Ash to the renovated park in Shenoy Nagar in the morning before his UV therapy. I did not prepare him well for the latter - I mean I forgot he needed to wear briefs for the radiation, so we had to invade the first baby shop that opened in the morning to buy one.
  • On Sunday, we took Mira to church. Then we came home and took both kids to see Lijy, who is nursing a broken elbow after slipping on the freshly polished mosaic floor of their new flat. The kids emptied all of Jason's toys on the floor to play. Luckily her maid was in and I am sure she tidied up the place after we were gone. I have to teach my kids to put away their toys. They hate to do it.
  • On Monday, we played host to V's sister and family who came down past midnight on Sunday. We chatted into the early hours of the morning while the kids played till 2 am.
  • And today is a holiday for Mira, being Bakrid. The buses were not crowded, and the one I got to had college-going guys and girls occupying many a seat - probably on way to ECR or a cinema. The girls who sat next to the guys were either ill or terribly tired for they rested their weary heads on the shoulders or laps of their beaus. I thought of their parents, and what lies they must have told them to sneak out of home on a holiday. Special class in college, visiting a friend for combined study etc. Arent we living in the most conservative of the Indian metros? Or hadnt I noticed that Chennai had become very modern in its outlook and behaviour?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, sorry to hear about L- wishing her speedy recovery.
hope u all had great time with fly. how r they all doing.
take care
ust

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...