Friday, December 12, 2008

Vacation plans

I do a lot of talking on the blog, but I have forgotten to mention that my Christmas vacation is nearing. I am like that. I give instructions to the maid but I forget to tell her very basic things. I assume that she will know but only when she makes a major bloomer, I realise that she is one of the dumbest ones I have hired. As dad says, if she were intelligent why would she want to work as a maid?
Well, we are off to Kerala on the 20th for a 10-day vacation. Ten days for me, the kids and the maid and a week for V, who will return to Chennai earlier. I travel back on the 1.1.2009. The company has introduced a holiday for New Year this time as it has gained a holiday when the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister clubbed Tamil New Year day (April 14) with Pongal (Jan 14). I dont understand the crazy logic that went behind shifting New Year to the Harvest festival. Not that people are going to stop celebrating New Year on April 14 just because Karunanidhi told them to. It is not as easy as making people call Madras Chennai or Mount Road Anna Salai.
While in Kerala, we hope to arrange/attend my grandmother's 90th bday celebrations on the 26th. This year, though, all the NRI kin wont be coming down. I just hope Ash's face would be presentable by then. Keralites being notorious for unkind and improper comments, I dread to take him there.

1 comment:

Amos said...

HAVE A GREAT VACATION......AM

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...