Tuesday, October 07, 2008

A bone and back

If there is one thing that maddens me, it is people (read my hubby) who make me book doctor appointments (after waiting endlessly on the line listening to some recorded crap about what the hosp does to provide quality health care etc.) and then decide not to honour the appointment. He needed to see the orthopedician about removing the screws that kept his femur bone together after the accident, so I book an appointment for myself too regarding my post-partum gift of lower backache. In the end I meet Dr. Jaishankar while V skips saying he is too busy at work.
I do a week of physiotherapy for my aching back on the doctor's advice. Something called interferential therapy using a Vectrostim and then some exercises for the back. The Xrays say everything is normal save for something that look like gall stones to the Xray technician.
I manage to drag V along for the follow-up appointments, though 10 minutes late. He can have his screw removal surgery any time he fancies (which is January 2009). To our surprise it is a minor surgery and will require only a day's hospitalisation.
The doctor tells me to take a walk now and then, and mind my posture. I ask him if I should see the physician about the gall stones. "Dont invite trouble if you dont have any pain," the doctor advises.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well,everyone seem to be in same boat.
hopefully u don't pay for cancelling appt before 24hrs.
takecare
ust

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...