Tuesday, April 01, 2008

My Day!

"There was a bomb blast in Spencer Plaza yesterday," read out my husband looking at the newspaper in the morning, while I was filling the laundry basket.

"Is it? Did anyone die?" I asked, thinking that the inevitable had happened on Chennai's busiest shopping mall.

"April Fool!" he shouted in glee. Well, I wasnt too embarassed because it is not just on April 1 that my husband tries to fool me.

Otherwise, All Fools' Day has been a tiring one for both of us. Mira had to be taken to the dr with the test reports and Xray, which showed bilateral broncho pneumonia. She has lost another 200 gms in 2 days. We had to wait over an hour as we had no appointment. She had to take 2 rounds of nebulisation, so V stayed back in the nurses' station for that while I proceeded to work. He ended taking a 3-hr work break while I reached work 2 hours late - not that there was any work waiting when I reached.

V has been taking a lot of time off work during work that he is getting worried. He has to take Ash for his classes and also for any hospital emergency the kids' have. I think it would have been better if we both were not working! But then, what do we do about our bread and butter - rather our kanji?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, its hard when one falls sick
esp kids... its harder for earning bread and butter/kanji also..
hope everything goes ok
take care ust

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...