Tuesday, April 01, 2008

My Beanie gal

As a salesman enlightened V about the various airconditioners in the showroom, me and Mira sauntered off to look at the other consumer durables on display. The soaring temperatures had made V decide to exchange our non-functioning 6-yr-old Hitachi Ac for a new one. In fact, he was at last willing to stop championing the high-priced but value-for-money Hitachi for a cheaper and equally durable model - because in Chennai's weather, long hours of usage and the proximity of our toxic, dead river Cooum, no AC will last over 5 years, inform AC salesmen and technicians.

I first checked out the top-loading washing machines, since that it next in my To Buy lists - not because I like clothes washed in them (I prefer clothes washed by hand, if done well) but because they might come in useful in an emergency - such as when a maid leaves on short notice (like my partimer who left in a huff after the new maid came).

I then walked over to the front-loading machines, and Mira asked me, "amma, ithenna?" I replied: Washing machine, baby. And she repeated: Washing machine! Mr. Bean!

She has watched many a times Mr. Bean putting his clothes for washing and its humorous aftermath, on Pogo TV!

p.s. We finally went for a Samsung AC, making us a near-complete Samsung family. Most of our household equipments are Samsung. And had a "bio-sleep" yesterday night. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, enjoy the new one.. take care
ust

On the penultimate day of reporting duty at the photography festival, the boss of the English writing dept, came and told me: When we both a...