Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Brushing time

Two sleepy heads...

Mira is easier to manage in the mornings though when I am about to brush her teeth, she coquettishly call out for her Appa to do the honours (you can see him in the mirror getting brush ready for a still sleeping Ash).

Ash refuses to open his eyes after all our efforts - sprinkling water in his face, then forcefully lifting him off the bed and on to the drawing room diwan - sometimes he rushes back to his cot with his eyes shut tight. Or announces half asleep that "Achacha is sick/ Achacha has fever/ The teacher will beat me/ No pool (school)".

Ditto about our efforts to feed him breakfast and milk. The past two days I have been pushing a crying Ash off to school. He somehow seems to detest the school now. I dont know what it is. I check with the women-in-charge and they tell me he is fine there. Maybe I will pull him out in the next term after Xmas, after I get him formal admission in a big school.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, maybe really he has some problems at school ask them if they scolded him or gave his a beating..!
it must be because he is really tired.. if so get him to sleep real early.. and u all do the same.
take care ust

Anonymous said...

I have a little one who is slow to wake up in the mornings, too. I've found that if I wake her up earlier, she has more time to wake up and is more willing and ready to face the day. It's hard, because I want to try to let her sleep in as long as she can, but it seems to work better in reverse. Of course, getting them to bed at a decent hour is also key.

Good luck!

Ladybird said...

Ya, we have been meaning to try it too - sleep real early and wake up early too. But so far not really successful with our late working hrs.

dreamrunner said...

I love this photo of ash and mira. do send me a high res pic.
cheers,
RK

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...