Thursday, September 13, 2007

Blog hospitality

A blog is like a home. Your home of inner thoughts, asides, dreams, rants... You like fellow bloggers visiting your online home and leaving a compliment each. And at the same time you like to pay them a return visit and compliment them too or share a thought with them.
Or you visit them first and leave a comment. But when they dont reciprocate in kind, you feel disappointed. Or just lose interest in them.
But some are so way above you that you worship their blogs and itch to leave a comment in them, no matter whether they condescend to take a look at your poor blog or not.
- so thought me while taking a quick shower before heading to work. My idle mind starts weaving thoughts and ideas while in the shower, in the bus/auto or while taking a stroll through the corridors in office. Of course there are other occasions when I dont know what I am going to write next or how my ideas are going to take shape. The pen guided me as I wrote; now the keyboard guides me and the monitor gives inspiration. Strange how things have changed in less than a decade.

p.s. Ash is down with the flu and didnt go to school past 2 days. The maid and Mira were a bit sick too. The virus is very much in the air. It must be the change of weather - from a rainy week last week, Chennai is back to its steamy hot self. And V is getting an AC fitted in the guest bedroom today in anticipation of his parents' impending visit.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, hope Ash and others feel better soon. take care ust

Joyismygoal said...

I am thankfulf or your hospitality I call you my friend in India:> I love the glimpse into another culture and do you worship PW?

Roshin said...

I am glad for your friendship! I also appreciate the fact that you dont look down upon someone from a developing country and in fact enjoy their culture and blogs. Each day i know there will be a comment from you, and some are really good like the one on bringing up children...
I think I had you in mind when I wrote about blog visitors.
For a while, I was hooked to PW's blog - her pics, her flair for writing - but a couple of disparaging comments she made about India and the so-called Third World put me off. I do still look at it most days but I have lost that attraction. And coming from a country where s*x is still a taboo topic, I dont exactly enjoy her open speculations about her *** life with MM.

the other romila said...

Hey...thanks in a way for rubbing off your blogging enthusiasm on me!!
I did remember the fish market, GAWD, can anyone within two kms radius forget it??
And thanks for the quip on 'neo-liberal' poetry....thats very polite, twas more of a rant.
blogging and bugging!!
romila ;)

Ladybird said...

That was the least I could do for a neighbour on the work desk - i mean, the blogging enthusiasm.

Elsie Button said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elsie Button said...

I know what you mean about the whole commenting thing. I find that i often read posts but don't comment though, and i'm sure others do the same. it is good to leave comments though, and they are always very exciting to receive!

Ladybird said...

EB: i understand, there are occasions when i also just find time for reading only.

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...