Monday, August 13, 2007

Big brother is watching

Ashwin now calls himself Achacha (big brother) after what Mira calls him! So he wakes up with: Achacha uvvavu (his special word for ill/sick). And the Big Brother doesnt eat anything unless he gives Lil Sister a share, even though he still bullies her when he gets a chance. The lil sister also feels lost if BB is not around, which was why we had to abandon the idea of taking Ash alone when we went provision-shopping yesterday evening.
Taking two Under-Five brats shopping has been a tough proposition, we had found in our two nanny-less months. We only managed running behind them in the shops or checking if they were upto any trouble for the salesboys - such as pulling the hangers off cloths or pulling brand-new outfits out of their cases or gnawing at all the chocolates over their wrappings - and always finished our shopping in a haste or half-done.
We had woken up too late to attend the morning mass, so I decided to take Mira for a haircut while I got some beauty therapies for myself. Meanwhile, V took Ash along with him spectacles-shopping. The maid watched over Mira while I got a one-hour pampering of my face. The girl who attended to me profusely apologised for breaking my delicate anklet while waxing my legs. I decided not to rake up the issue when they service-taxed me for the services - this is the first time I am coming across a parlour that issues a 10% service tax. I need to find a more casual set-up.
***
Visiting Ash's school today morning, after a long time, I was told by the ladies in attendance (the two teachers hadn't arrived) that Ash was the life of the school and a day without him was dull according to the Miss. And his best friend is a girl! Anna. Do I need to be worried?

2 comments:

Elsie Button said...

yes shopping and toddlers looks a nightmare - i think i will always avoid that one!

how lovely that your son brightens up the school day! and even more lovely that his best friend is a girl! he sounds a cool cat.

Ranjith Cherickel said...

I am glad its a girl, if you know what I mean :)

On the penultimate day of reporting duty at the photography festival, the boss of the English writing dept, came and told me: When we both a...