Monday, April 30, 2007

Not so fresh

... is what I'd say about Reliance fresh, India's version of Wal-Mart (until Wal-Mart comes). Being a Sunday evening, I hardly had enough leg-room to move about without trampling on others' feet in their AN outlet. I picked up small, drying potatoes only to find that they had Potato Premium at more premium rates. Same about onions. I thought they were doing me a great service by offering Sweet Lime at Rs.28 a kg, only to find that it was available for Rs.20 a kg in the more roomy Kovai Pazhamudir Cholai.
Chocolates were offered at slightly discounted rates; I didnt have the time to check out the bread and other stuff. One advantage was that they accepted credit cards unlike my regular veg shop.
I dont think I want to go there again (I have very strong likes and dislikes, at times).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, walmart is a store my hubby does not like to go.. of the 6 yrs here gone there 2 times..
here too there are stores which sell vegs /fruits alone.. mexican stores. i find they have fresh ones.. and better rates..
then costco is one place my hubby goes there he gets milk/eggs/fruits/vegs/clothes too its a bulk kind of store u buy everything in bulk!
so food can come to u'r home and get spoilt..!
just buy where u like or think its better. take care
ust

On April 16, we residents looked forward to another rain despite the note of caution from authorities. Seeing the rainy weather, V decided b...