Thursday, February 01, 2007

February again

Birthday month - mine, mom's, Renjith's and Ash's (9, 14, 16 & 25). Also Sajichayan and my old classmates Usha and Prem. And my granpa's death anniversary on the 15th.
I was engaged to V on Feb 7, 1999.
One small month, but one great month of happenings! Valentine's day, Maramon convention in Kerala...
Post-lunch musings
Had lunch at an Udipi restaurant called Mathsya (meaning Fish) - a misnomer for a pure veg restaurant. But apparently, it is named after Lord Vishnu's Matsya avatar - incarnation as Fish.
I had a plate of guliappas (bondas made using dosa batter I think) with red chutney and bowl of almond mushroom soup - it did wonders to my sore throat.
The other four in our group had the Udipi thali, now costing Rs. 90 - a long meal course presenting a splendid array that is wasted on picky eaters like us. Shonali best describes it in her Eating Out column:
http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/mp/2005/01/05/stories/2005010500150300.htm
In the end it turned out to be a treat from our senior colleague.

No comments:

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...