Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Very common cold

I have a cold again. I am told that mothers with small kids tend to get sick more often. Ash usually contracts the flu from his playmates in school. He came with one on Friday last and had a temperature till yesterday. So Monday I took both kids to the doctor. Mira has a perennial cough and cold since the rains began in November.
I come from a family prone to allergies. My brother's sneezing bouts are legendary. Mine has got better in recent years though I have never been able to ward off any flu bug that crossed my path.
The School?
We are still in a dilemma about Ash's school admission. The montessori wants well-behaved, toilet-trained children, who bring only dry snacks to eat. Faith is building a new campus outside the city and collects a building fund of Rs.3000 this coming year. They might continue to collect funds for that in the years to come. Most schools collect a donation/capitation fee, anywhere between 10000 and 25000 when a ward is admitted in school. But if Ash is to change school at Class I he will have to pay again in the new school. And anyway, Faith's new school will be out of bounds for us.
Or else we will have to wait for next year's KG admissions. Many parents recommend that kids start school at 4 years though in India 3+ continues to be the norm for joining kindergarten.
http://www.hindu.com/2007/01/30/stories/2007013016560300.htm

1 comment:

Ranjith Cherickel said...

The earlier he starts, the better for you, him and his post potty-training career. I think it always helps for kids to start early..

On April 16, we residents looked forward to another rain despite the note of caution from authorities. Seeing the rainy weather, V decided b...