Saturday, September 16, 2006

new look

I changed the blog template. Been experimenting with a few but nothing really catches my fancy. This seems okay though the dots are a bit distracting.
The new maid doesn't seem all that bad after all. She is trying to do her work without much noise (mil had instructed her not to). I had this feeling she was a bit bossy, so I have to show without much friction who is boss here.
Anyway having someone to cook tasty meals itself is a big thing especially for someone who is averse to cooking.
Apparently she wants to save the salary to buy gold bangles for herself. She is planning to sell her car. She probably belongs to that group of people in Kerala who cant live within their means and have to be lavish whether they can afford it or not.
A church member, who has taken a maid from an agency, tells me that many well-off women nowadays resort to this job to make some extra buck - after all, the expenses are taken care of by the family they work for and they get their salary without any cuts or expenses.

No comments:

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...