Friday, September 15, 2006

'Model' maid

Just got back from Kerala with maid and Mira today morn. Brought the former on a one-month probation! I wasnt keen on bringing her - intution told me that she wont be right for me and I kept telling that to my folks in vain.
Dad was angry with me and said I shouldnt pre-judge people and should try her out. He said she took good care of Mira while she was at Chply. Mom secretly told me that the maid wasnt all that good and that she was shirking work especially in the presence of the part-time maids mom has. She needs hot water for bathing and for drinking. Doesnt bother about Ash at all except when it comes to bathing him. Looks a bit too fashionable to pass for a maid - she dyes her hair though she professes to be around 50, uses false teeth, and plucks her underchin hair. Seems more right for the ramp than the kitchen. She landed at Chry, in her Maruti 800 car, in time to pack her dinner - she had already conveyed that she doesnt want to sweat in the kitchen making dinner when she comes all set to board the train. Anyway, mil's cook saw to it that we got a hearty dinner.
A copassenger in the train asked me why I was taking someone like her. I said I had no choice. Another lady asked if she were my mother-in-law!
V didnt want her here either but since the agency has taken a commission from us, he said we will try her out. The agency head promised us a good "right person for us" in a month's time.
Ash is looking good. Mom manages to keep his tummy well-stocked whether in sleep or otherwise. Mira is ok too. She is turning one on 21st. No bday party for her. We might hold it maybe sometime later when we both go down to Kerala. Might just donate for an orphanage lunch or something and some sweets for neighbours.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

u'r blog got a new look did u do that or someone else.. think i like this..
maruti 800.. wow.. should learn her secret..
waiting to hear u'r neighbours look about maid!
take care usha

Anonymous said...

Don’t worry too much. she might be ok. just changing times that makes maids quite fashionable. she is probably a butler wannabe.
donating to an orphanage is a very good idea.
RK

Anonymous said...

My wife would kill for a maid. Unfortunately, its usually me she kills.

LS

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...