Monday, August 07, 2006

I'm back!

After a 4-day sojourn in Kerala I got back to Chennai today morning. The kids have been left with our parents - Ash with mine and Mira with V's. Ash doesnt seem to be missing us much but Mira has been crying especially at night. It had been a bit difficult to leave her behind, though I did not feel as dejected as I had after I left Ash in my m-i-l's care in October 2004, when he was 8 months. That is because I wasn't travelling alone this time, we had each other to talk to.
The latest recruit turned out to be a one-day wonder (or misery). I guess she found the job too tough for her liking and didnt turn up the 2nd day! She gave no hint that she wont come. We didnt pursue, so I ended up taking leave from Aug 1.
Since mom had booked her ticket for 2nd, I decided to take a break and go with her. Mom and V didnt think it was a great idea travelling with the kids but I was half hoping V would let me leave the kids in Kerala. He came round to the idea a day or two later, and brought a few more of their things when he landed home on Saturday.
We were still hoping to find a maid and in that case we could have brought Mira with us. But the candidate acted a bit pricey and we dropped the idea.
We might go again this weekend, and try to bring back Mira if we can find a good local help. It feels a bit strange to come to an eerily quiet house after the din and disorder that had characterised our flat this past one year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its very nice to be a part of your life even though we are thousands miles apart

Post to follow...